Sunday, September 12, 2010

THANK YOU - CIRCA 1908

 As I stated in my profile, I am a magpie at heart. A collector of all things shiny, and other objects that catch my eye. The following thank you note is from a 1908 scrapbook I found in my travels.   It harks back to a different time, and is beautifully written.


"My dear Mr. and Mrs. Allen


        I hope it will make you happy to know that you have made two other people very happy indeed!!! 


        Now that we are settled in the new little house I can tell you what I could easily have prophesied before: that the lovely silver vase which you sent as a wedding gift is most wonderfully becoming to our guest room dressing table.  It is a dainty invitation to every blossom which crosses our threshold!


       Thank you many times for your share in this home and for the friendship of which it is so beautiful an expression."


                                             

Gratefully yours,


                                 Elizabeth French Babbott
                                 102 Pierreport St.
                                  Brooklyn


                                 

No comments: