Monday, September 6, 2010

TAI CHI # 4 & 5

I have been remiss about posting of late. However, I did attend two classes since my last post.  The funny thing is it is not getting any easier each week. I expected more progress. However my expectations have often side tracked me in the past, so I shall accept the journey.

My right foot, I have discovered, has a mind of its own. There I am holding the proper pose and lo and behold I realize my right heel is raised when it should be flatly planted on the ground. Now my focus is on my right heel, I lose track of the hand positions, my tree hugging arm should match my dominant leg.
Sheesh..... this reminds me of my  faltering beginning attempts to practice meditation.  Wait a minute.....eureka.... my right heel is raised ......an awareness.......lower the heel and  let the movements flow.  It's a simple as that.  Four weeks ago, I was not even aware my heel was raised at all. Now that is progress.

As usual, my expectations are not an accurate barometer for me. They are something to reach for, but falling short of them is not a catastrophe.  Gratefully, that is lesson that I learned a long time ago, after many years of soul searching. But, I have to keep reminding myself that it is a lesson learned.

I used to believe when I learned how to live in balance that I would not longer have to seek it. Then a wise sage explained to me that one does not automatically awake in balance each day simply because one has become aware of it.  It's not that easy. Simple never is, after all.  She explained; one re-centers daily to align oneself with the sense of balance that one has discovered.  Amazing.....and it makes this life odyssey so interesting.

No comments: