Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TAI CHI CLASS #1



Tai  Chi class #1.

The first class was fraught with thoughts, rather than flowing movements. Kind of reminiscent of getting a mammogram, and with the dismal condition of my creaky knees just a painful. Put your right foot in, your left foot out, raise your arms with your palm up lower with your palms down, hold the imaginary ball of light, pull in energy into one's solar plexus. The only thing that was promising was that we were all quite slow movers, which was a plus for the teacher. 

After 30 minutes, I thought my right knee had turned into a bowl of rice crispies and the left was screaming at me to stop. But onward I went through the 60 minutes, no air conditioning and sweating profusely.  The next day was pretty bad with my knees still grumbling to each other about the abuse they sustained the night before. But, eventually, over a few days, they calmed down.  However, they are in for a shock on Thursday when once again they are called upon to bend and flex for another hour.

I trust after the ten-week course, the knees will be more flexible, and I will be too.

No comments: