Thursday, August 12, 2010

BLOOMING TEAS.....

Tea has always been my beverage of choice....after water. My everyday tea is PG Tips, not gourmet by any means, but the brand I was raised on.  The water must be boiled and the tea brewed in a teapot for me.  No bag in a cup of warm water with the string dangling over the side, like a fishing line, with a wee label on the end like a lure. I never cottoned onto to that look, or taste.   I want the tea leaves to float freely in the boiling water, and slowly release their flavor.  Not hurried, but in their own time.

I want a cup of tea  that is treated with the respect  it deserves. After all it makes me stop,  practice a little self-care, then offers me the comfort of a warm embrace from tea times past, whilst offering me the opportunity to be fully present, here now, with this cup.

  The following video of blooming teas is a feast for the eyes, and hopefully the taste buds. A joy for the sensesI offer to you......................

No comments: