Friday, August 13, 2010

TAI CHI # 2

Class # 2 last night, another awakening. The 30 minute warm-up exercises once more had my knees screaming........hopefully this too shall pass.  In the second half hour of movements we picked grapes, stroked the horse's mane, flew like a butterfly,  soared like an eagle, and  rolled and patted the ball of energy only the teacher can see.

All very interesting hand gestures, then the teacher add the foot movements! Well, whilst I was moving my individual hands in a clockwise and counter clockwise direction, the part of my brain that takes care of my feet went AWOL. I felt sympathy for the teacher, looking at my tortured  reflection in the mirrored wall. My body wobbled, creaked and felt so far away.


Then the door opened, in popped a white haired lady reminiscent of the Principal's mother in the Simpson's cartoon.  She announced to the class that we have a wonderful instructor, and told us to enjoy every minute.  The door closed and she evaporated into the hallway.  The teacher explained to us that she was 93 years old, and had taken classes because she thought Tai Chi was for old folks. Well that's the kind of old lady I want to be, 93 and still stepping up for classes....... Come on knees, we have miles to go before we sleep.

No comments: