Monday, April 30, 2007

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE

Yesterday I was meditating on accepting lifes' trials and finding the blessing in them. And as I noted the death of a loved one was bereft of blessings to me. Well, I headed for my Sunday trip to Walmart and was pulled into the book section. I perused the magazine section; recipes, beadwork, knitting....nope I don't need one more craft magazine, I thought. As a began to leave I picked up a book thumbed through it, and there before me was a few words on the bottom of the page about finding a blessing in the death of a loved one. A slap on the head... I know not to ignore the Universe when it reaches out to me. So I purchased the book and began reading it. No rushing to the page containing the answer I was seeking. Instead I began at the beginning and will see what unfolds. It is so affirming when this happens. The thousand helping hands of Joseph Campbell's writings reaching out to help. Everytime it happens I never fail to be amazed.

No comments: