Tuesday, April 24, 2007

STANDING STILL?

"Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still."

- Chinese Proverb

Be afraid of standing still? Well these days I have no fear of standing still, maybe I should. It seems many things have been standing still all winter, including me. But today as I worked in the garden I noticed the plants are budding, the hydrangeas have buds, the Rose of Sharons' have buds, the dogwood has buds...and the brave daffoldils are already lifting their shining yellow faces towards the azure blue sky
So maybe, it may appear that we are standing still, when in fact we are growing on the inside, getting ready to set bud, slowly. Pondering that idea, methinks perhaps I have not been standing still at all, dormant yes, gathering strength to give birth to a new me as is the Spring time ritual for all life that rests and re-groups through winter's chill.

No comments: