Saturday, April 21, 2007

LISTEN, LISTEN.

I am not imagining it, I wish as was, as I am growing older I find thirty and forty somethings are taking me less seriously. Barely tolerating is the vibe I sense most days.
The funny thing is they are taking themselves altogether much too seriously. Life is so stressful for them you see, I don't understand. They have to do this, and that, and go here, and there, and there isn't enough time or money for it all, etc. etc.etc. By their own definition, their life is more stressful than mine, their problems are more serious than mine, their days are more difficult than mine. So they live out their beliefs and tell me I just don't understand.
What I do understand is this; as women move into their fifties, they find freedom, after they deal with letting their forties go, and letting their child bearing years go, letting their children go, letting elasticty go, letting the dream that they can fight gravity go, and finally letting the deep grief for all that is passing go.
These great losses are followed by a wonderful awakening to the freedom of the aging process. I no longer am bothered by "not getting it" cos' you know what I do, and I did what you now do, and where I am now is so, so much better, achy knee and all..... But I can't explain that to you, cos' you think I am some old fart who doesn't understand......

No comments: