Tuesday, October 12, 2010

WINTER WHISPERS

The Autumn leaves go drifting by..... Tai Chi classes have wound down and it is time to be a Little Red Hen and do prep work for winter.  That meant a very busy and pain inducing  Veteran's Day working on the the bi-yearly plant preparations. The indoor plants, currently outside are whispering to me that they are thinking about their indoor home.  No problem you say?  Perhaps, if I was not such a collector. I have added two orange trees, two papyrus plants and a few more geraniums to the host of plants looking for real estate in a sunny window.

That being the case yesterday was clean-up and clean-out day. Clearing space upstairs in the southern exposure bedroom windows for my sun loving plants and clearing filtered light corners for my not so fussy ones.   A task that I make more difficult than it need be, as I get lost in memories as I move things around, and discard some items (Like pulling teeth for me). But mission accomplished..... I moved beds to enable me to relocate the rugs beneath them. I cleaned under the rugs, and the corners that are often ignored.  I upset my wee shih tzu tremendously as she checked on the upheaval every 30 minutes or so, and I realized  yet again, what a gatherer I am.  And not in a good way.

I collect items for projects, that do not get started. I am an infomaniac and have papers and articles galore. Ideas don't travel from my head to my hands.  I have ghosts of hobbies past too good to discard, yet lying like an orphan in a forgotten binder. That bothers me, as I prepare for winter, time after all never comes around for a second visit. Yet I continue to act as if I shall live forever, steeped in the denial of my mortality. For surely the only way I could accomplish using all of this information would be if I actually was immortal.

Add to that losing loved ones, which  has a way of stopping time for those left behind. That being said, I am tired of stagnating in "stuff", holding memories in "things" closing myself up in the memory chest.  Time to push back the drapes and let the winter sun into my heart to illuminate the dark corners.  Then maybe, just maybe, I will become willing to bless what I find there and let them go. 

No comments: