Friday, August 8, 2008

DECLUTTERING # 1


Maybe I should begin my decluttering with my mind. I am not having much success in letting go of my "stuff". I am too steeped in the George Carlin definition of "My Stuff".

So by happenstance (or not?), Dr. Mercola an internet health guru emailed me this info in the last week or so:

" You may have read articles about decluttering your home or your desk."
I have read many articles and even purchased a few books on the subject, now part of the clutter!
Back to Dr. M. "but if anything needs decluttering, it's your mind." Okay let's begin there!

1) "BREATHE:
Take a few deep breaths, and then just focus on your breathing for a few minutes. It has a calming effect, and allows other thoughts just to float by."

I have never maintained a great effort meditating. Oh, I have attempted it over the years but always stopped. This week, I shall practice changing one thing and take a few minutes each day to simply BREATHE.........

There are 10 suggestions in all, who knows where I will end up!

Dr. M. suggests: "You can sort through your mind, even getting past the scar tissue of old hurts and traumas with these simple suggestions." Stay tuned........

No comments: