Monday, August 18, 2008

DECLUTTERING # 2

2) WRITE IT DOWN

"If you have a bunch of things on your mind, get them on paper and off your mind."

Journaling puts you in touch with yourself. I remember many years ago when I was first advised to journal. I was told write down how I feel. "I don't know how I feel" I replied. I was so lost and so far away from myself at that time. So my mentor told me to write down my physical feelings each day. That tightness in my shoulders, those nerves in my stomach, the headaches, etc. etc. etc. and in time she explained, I would excavate through the physical to the emotional. The very act of taking a pen in hand and writing on paper is cleansing. Write it down and begin the process of letting go, making space for the blessings and gratitude waiting for me in each day. Write it down, open the door, and let the light in........

No comments: