Sunday, February 25, 2007

IN THE DEPTHS OF WINTER

"In the depths of winter, I finally found there was in me an invincible summer."

- Albert Camus, author

Lots of snow is on the way tonight, not that snow is not beautiful mind you. But as winter draws on sometimes I find myself dragging. The season seems too long, too cold, too expensive to heat the home, etc. etc. etc. A dear friend of mine, going through tough times, shared similar burdens with myself and others this morning. I told her, from my heart, this too shall pass, and she is, without a doubt, more than strong enough to weather any storm.
Then I checked my mail, and serendipity throws the above quote my way. An unrequested validation of the beliefs I had just shared with my friend, and a reminder of a ephiphany past, when I realized that by going within I will find everything I seek.
In ME there IS an invicible summer. At times it may become blanketed by my insecurities and fears. But brush them aside and there it is, shining in the golden July sun, My Invincible Summer warming my soul.

No comments: