Friday, April 27, 2012

ON AGING GRACEFULY

"Nothing is ever lost or forgotten. old age is still a time of great possibility.. The passionate heart never ages"."one of the greatest sins is the unlived life"."There is nothing to fear - you would want to be preparing for a great fiesta time, up ahead".  

  John O' Donohue

Since being widowed eight years ago, I pulled deeply inward, not realizing the richness hidden in the desert in which I chose to live. It was not as empty and barren as I  believed. Rather is has been a place to rest, contemplate, and find my way once again.    I thought I was lost, I thought life was over, but someone has been whispering in my ear, for this past long, lonely time.  Finally, I hear them clearly.  

As O'Donohue said: "There is nothing to fear - you would want to be preparing for a great fiesta time, up ahead".    There IS nothing to fear........

 

No comments: