Wednesday, June 22, 2011

PONDERINGS.....

So,  I have been lost in my normal mulling and pondering the meaning of life over the last 6 weeks or so.  "What's it all about Alfie?"  A question that has haunted me over the years, much like  "The Hound of Heaven." Usually, I come up with a few more insights during my mulling periods, and find little comfort in them. This is especially true the older my search for meaning becomes.  However, comfort is not the issue anymore, understanding, acceptance, and peace have become the watershed of my "quiet times"

What I never abandon in the end, is that fact that life is such a gift.  And a lesson I am presented with, whenever I take the time to ponder, is mindfulness and the practice of  being in the present moment is the ultimate goal  to be sought. My illusion of control, is just that, an illusion. Powerlessness cannot be denied, or avoided no matter how hard I try.

May I remember each day that life is fragile, time is short, and this journey is so, so sweet.  Furthermore may I accept that powerlessness is not weakness, in embracing it one finds a bottomless source of strength. 


It is time to leave the desert once again, taking  what it offered with gratitude.







 

No comments: