Tuesday, May 24, 2011

WALKING THROUGH THE VALLEY

I find myself in a familiar place once again, a place of sorrow, grieving and emptiness. I have been in this valley too many times in the past 14 years, and now here I am again.


My sister-in-law and dear friend passed away on May 8th after what was supposed to be a "new lease on life" surgical procedure. I lost her husband , my oldest brother three years ago June 15, and SIL and I had become closer as I held the torch for her through the early days, months and years of widowhood.


We held each other up on a daily basis, spent weekends together, laughed cried, and offered each other hope that there was a future for both of us.  And now I stand alone yet again. That sad, dark sense of loss enveloping me coldly.


This too shall pass, I trust in that promise. But, in the meantime I walk with sorrow and listen to her whisperings,  yet again.  Too soon for me, but she is here, none the less.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Jeannie! I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you can feel a cyber hug and lots of care and concern for you at this time.

Unknown said...

Big hugs, Miss Jeannie, big hugs!

Jeannie said...

Thank you both. Nice to know you are still "out there".

Hugs right back at ya....

Jeannie