Monday, June 30, 2008

LESS IS MORE




I admit it, I am an overdoer. I work too hard for too long, eat too much, feel the need to over do it most of the time. I am heavy handed in drawing, heavy handed in adding spices to food, I am impulsive, etc. etc. etc.
I know not from whence this trait comes, but come it did and I have lived with it all of my life. Perhaps, being the daughter of an alcoholic has bent me toward excess; if at least using a different mode from my Da. Perhaps my Celtic roots give me both the predestination and the tenacity to endure, perhaps even embrace overdoing (this is a theory presented by my dear son). But I do know in my overdoing there lies a comfort of sorts, especially in physical tiredness. When I feel physically spent, I feel no pain but the physical kind; in the knees, the back etc. Maybe, just maybe, burying emotions takes a lot of physical work. And there are emotions to be submerged right now.
But then, that has been my story for as long as I can remember. Healthy? No, but ach, dinna fret, it has become a way of life.............maybe one day, when I am totally worn out, the need to bury the pain will pass, but for now................onward

No comments: